Friday, November 19, 2010

Beloved uncles

Everyone has a favorite person in their life. I am very lucky to have a lot. I don't have a favorite person, but I have several persons that have made my heart complete.

Jerry bane, is 1 year younger than I am my grandmother raised us together. We are connected like brother and sister. He even cut my tongue with a saw once , maybe to shut me up but that has never worked. Grandma said "it's a wonder you don't kill each other". We used to go explore the woods around the farm and stay out all day. Grandma never wondered if someone would get us or something would happen. We were just kids and that's what kids did then. Today we watch Courtney go to the mailbox. How times have changed.

Uncle al, was the oldest and he was gone from the house when I was little, but he has a love about him that shows each time he sees you. He always wants to know how you and your family is doing and all about the news. I think him being the only boy among 5 girls, granddaddy expected a great deal from him. He truly was a workaholic. He was the big brother and wore those shoes proudly.

Uncle earl, he is soft spoken but can be out spoken in things that he believes about. He is kind and giving all the time. He worries about others welfare and wants to help everyone out.

When I moved to VA from GA, I wanted my girls to know about a good family and what great uncles were, all about. He fulfilled those shoes without a doubt. When the girls were going to be transferred to Richmond city schools, he offered his house so the girls could continue in their same school. He has been there for them.
But he has been there for me , after mama died I had a hard time and still do. He would let me ride with him to the country to church every two weeks to see family and mama's grave. We would have nice talks on the way down there and on the way back.

While down in the country we would have lunch with jean, Mary Lillian, and then I would ride with him to the lake. That is a peaceful place, the water, the sky, and the quite time. Uncle earl is a strong man that offers this calm time to me.
I love all my uncles and I hope they know this. They each have quality the others don't, but then each have that sparkle the others don't. This makes them special men. God put these men in our lives to fulfill different jobs.
I know that these men have made me appreciate my uncles and use their wisdom to teach my children.

I love you jerry Bane, Al and uncle earl.

all my love dale

Ps there was an uncle Carl. He was only here for a short time, God had work for him to finish in heaven, but he did teach all of us that life is short and enjoy each moment. Uncle Carl did that and I want us all to value that lesson from him.
Life is short , enjoy each moment. That's what he would want us to remember about his life. 3/6/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment