Friday, November 19, 2010

My Aunt's beloved church

One morning i received an alarming call from my aunt in Texas. She was almost crying. I asked"are you alright?" she replied "dale my church burned down last night, they think it was arson." there were several other churches that had been destroyed by the same way in the last months. I expressed that i was so sorry. A few years before this my home church in Brodnax, Virginia had been destroyed by fire. The feeling of a church being destroyed is so dramatic that's it's hard to conceive.

This was a home of god. His children studied here and listened to sermons that changed people lives. They attended marriages,birth, funerals.the church family has been there thru hardships that they all pulled together to help one another thru each ordeal.

The church brings all people together with different opinions,problems and love for one another and of all love for god.

With this news of the fire people were brought together in a special way. Their only concern was to no let this keep them from attending the house of god. The next day was Sunday, and they already had a place to meet. Nothing could stop their desire to get started on a new place.

God has blessed the people of his home and with encouragement to rebuild is so strong.

My aunt talked to me the other day, and i could hear a sparkle in her voice as she was o n her way to a meeting for the church rebuilding ideas.

My family was raised with a strong church background, we each have to have a part of our heart devoted to god. We all are in churches and active members. This church foundation was formed by our grandmother. It has been with each of us since we were little.

As i am sorry about my aunts church, i know that like my home church when if was rebuilt, it was stronger, more faith, better renewed devolution. They will have all that they had before. Satan cannot destroy what god has created. Please pray and have faith.

With all my prayers dale 03092010

No comments:

Post a Comment