Friday, November 19, 2010

A blessed woman

"did you see that?' I heard my grandmother ask my grandfather while sitting on the porch one clear evening before all had to get ready for bed. "it was a falling star." "I think you are suppose to make a wish." then all of a sudden my grandfather said "what would you wish for?" this was sort of out of context for my grandfather. He was gentle and kind, but a little ruff also. My grandmother replied, " I don't know that I would wish for, I'm already a blessed woman." " I have 9 healthy children, grandchildren, friends, and all I need." grandma had a gentle spirit about her that stars would fall from heaven just to be near her.
Our family is blessed hundreds of times over because she was in our family. I have never met a woman that influenced so many lives. Everyone knew about how gentle, soft spoken and caring she was. Our family members all have these qualities in us that we got from her.

It's amazing how one woman can overcome the life she must have had. The mother of nine and they were always clean, fed and polite because of her. All of her children went on to make her proud of each one.

I remember saying to her one day( I want to be just like you when I grow up) and she replied "be patient, I love you dale."

Those words stay with me always. I try to be patient all the time, I think about others needs, and I always find time for quite time . I know she like to sit on the front porch an look at sunsets, and later look at stars. I try never to forget where I came from and always remember my heavenly father is watching over me. I know my grandmother is there with him and I want to make them proud of me . "I love you grandma."
Love dale

P.s. You are truly a blessed woman in the eyes of your entire family.
02-15-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment